|Adel Ben Mnaouer(Canadian University of Dubai, UAE)||Catherine Rosenberg(University of Waterloo, Canada)|
|Mario Gerla(UCLA, USA)|
Welcome to the Annual Wireless Days Conference in its 10th edition, landing back again into its roots where it started 10 years ago. WD is firmly establishing itself as a serious venue for the dissemination of leading edge state of art knowledge and technologies pertaining to Wireless Communications. Since its inception it has been offering a stimulating, live environment for discussing new research paths, discoveries and results among professional from both Academia and Industry and it has been nurturing fruitful exchange of ideas positive critics among Wireless Communication and Networking experts.
In this occurrence we have made the best possible arrangements to make this event a very successful one. Through collaboration of professional colleagues in the TPC we have selected a set of high-quality, high-impact papers for presentation as regular papers. Other valuable contributions were selected to be presented as short papers in shorter sessions.Loyal to its tradition, WD has been able to attract authors and participants from so many countries worldwide. In this occurrence, we are proud to offer 3 keynotes speeches by three eminent scholars and leaders in Wireless Networking, namely:
- Prof. Dr. Hossam Hassanein, Professor and Director of the School of Computing at Queens’ University, Kingston, Canada, who will be sharing with us his inspiring thoughts on the provisioning vehicle-based information services.
- Prof. Dr. Nils Aschenbruck, University of Osnabrück, Institute of Computer Science, Germany, who will be speaking on how to build robust networks for cyber agricultural systems.
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed-Slim Alouini from the Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE) Division of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Saudi Arabia, who will share his insights on collimated light propagation for future underwater wireless communication.
It was both a pleasure and honor to have planned this year's WD conference together with so many committed and dedicated people. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of the Organization Committee for their valuable efforts and for the outstanding job they have achieved.
The Program Chairs Nadjib Achir and Megumi Kaneko orchestrated this year’s high quality scientific program, Ms. Aziza Lounis made a tremendous effort in coordinating the production of the conference proceedings and maintaining the conference website. Her work and efforts are duly acknowledged.Special thanks are due to the Keynote Chair Raouf Boutaba and to the Track chairs:
- Rolland Vida, Michele Nogueira, Thierry Gayraud, Co-Chairs of the Track 1: 5G and Beyond.
- Luis Costa, Marc St-Hilaire and Yacine Ghamri-Doudane; Co-Chairs of the Track 2: Wireless Communications.
- Manuel Ricardo, Claudio Palazzi and Manzoor Ahmed Khan, Co-Chairs of the Track 3: Ad Hoc, Sensor, Vehicular and Delay Tolerant Networks.
- Carlos T. Calafate, André-Luc Beylot and Khaled Boussetta; Co-Chairs of the Track 4: Wireless Models and Simulations.
- Juan-Carlos Cano, Nadjib Aitsaad and Rui Campos, Co-Chairs of the Track 5: Mobile Networking and Computing.
In addition thanks and appreciations go to Publicity Co-Chairs: Miguel Elias Mitre Campista, Soufiene Djahel and Abduhalim Dandoush, and to the Publication Co-Chairs: Filip Idzikowski and Stefano Secci.
At last, apart from all these organizers, on behalf of Wireless Days 2018, I would like to thank all the authors of high quality submissions who trusted our conference to be the best venue for publishing their research findings. Wireless Days 2018 will not materialize and succeed without your trust and support. the WD community is very grateful to the IEEE, the IEEE Communication Society and to the IFIP for their technical sponsorship. WD is also grateful for the support of the Sorbonne Université, the Université Paris 13, l’Université La Rochelle, the University of California UCLA and for the Canadian University Dubai.
Finally, we would like to wish you a very pleasant stay in Dubai, and hope you will find the WD’2018 an exciting, joyful and fruitful experience. Adel Ben Mnaouer, Catherine Rosenberg and Mario Gerla General Co-Chairs of the Wireless Days 2018 Conferenc